31 Jan How to set up a business account on Instagram
If you weren’t already aware, Instagram has recently given us the ability to change our personal Instagram profiles into working business accounts. This is a fantastic asset to your business as it gives you the opportunity to create a high quality professional account with ease where followers can access your products and contact information.
Having a business account on Instagram gives you a more humanistic approach where your followers can connect with your business on a one on one basis with far more insight into your project. Changing your account into a business account comes with several features that will help contribute to the growth of your followers and the layout of your page.
- You will have access Instagram Insights which will allow you to have a broader understanding of your following and profile engagement.
- You will be able to add a contact button for either a phone number or an email to give your followers direct communication with your business.
- You will be able to select the industry in which your business operates which will be located under your profile image at the top of your profile.
- You will be able to add ‘swipe up’ links to your Instagram stories, however this feature is only available for those with a following of over 10,000.
- You will be able to advertise on Instagram by doing paid promotional posts.
- You won’t be able to make any of your posts private as your account will now be available to the public.
- You will only be able to link your account to one Facebook page which will have to be the page you are using for your business.
- There is a risk of receiving less visibility on your account as Instagram tends to favour personal accounts over business accounts. This is to encourage business’s to invest in paid advertisements
How to convert to a Business Profile
- On your personal Instagram account, click the button three striped button which will bring up the menu.
- Click the Settings button.
- Make sure your account is not set to private.
- Scroll down and tap “Switch to Business Profile.”
- You will have the option to connect your account to your business Facebook Page which is a great asset to have when reposting. Take note that your Instagram account can only be connected to one Facebook Page at a time.
- Start adding the details of your new business venture!
- Click back onto your account and select ‘Edit Profile’
- Add any necessary changes to your profile now that it is set up as a business.
Selected the three striped button on the top right hand side of your account, this will bring up the main menu. Follow this by clicking the settings button.
Scroll down and tap the “Switch to Business Profile” to get started.
Take time in adding the details of your new or existing business, then follow this by selecting “Edit profile” on your profile and making any appropriate changes.
Converting your Personal Account to a Business Account is a fantastic venture for any new business. It’s a super easy to do and will be the start of very exciting things for your business!